Your Home away from Home
Simon’s Cottage is available throughout the year and sleeps up to 6 comfortably.
A deposit of £200 is required to secure your booking and full payment 8 weeks before arrival.
Arrive: Sat 3pm / Depart: Sat 10 am (earlier or later times by arrangement).
Bed linen and towels are provided. There are children & dog friendly pubs within walking distance. Excellent local walks, cafes & gift shops, shopping parade and post office only 2 - 5 mins drive away and only a few minutes walk away from local pub/restaurants and cafes.
Accommodation at Simon’s Cottage:
- Bedroom 1. The Red Room: Double bedroom with en-suite shower room/wc/wash basin. colour TV. Bed linen. Painted floor with rugs. Two wardrobes with shelves. Ample hanging space within the room, seating, bedside cabinets with table lamps. Hair dryer (please note this is an old cottage and has steep stairs so please be careful and use the handrail). This bedroom is perfect for families using bedroom 2 who don’t mind sharing their en-suite.
- Bedroom 2: The Blue Room. Double bedroom with two single beds. Bed linen. Painted floor with rug. Large double wardrobe, Small Cupboard with shelves. Ample hanging space within the room, seating, small table, table lamps.
- Bedroom 3: The Grey Room. Double bedroom linking to bathroom with shower over the bath & wc. Sofa, TV aerial point. Bed linen. Wicker Dog Basket in Fireplace alcove with throw, bowls, bags & treats. Original stone flagged floor with rugs. Ample hanging space within the room, seating, table lamps. Access to private garden and outdoor seating, secure shed.
- Lounge. With colour TV/DVD player, 2 sofas, seating for 6 people, wood/log burning open fire, Art Deco bookcase comprising novels, information and games, painted floor with rugs, nest of tables, table lamps and floor lamp. Wifi Internet access.
- Kitchen. Fully equipped kitchen with double fridge/freezer, microwave, electric oven with gas hob, toaster, crockery and glassware for 6 people, table and seating. Tea, coffee, sugar, 1pt milk, kitchen linen, cleaning equipment. Hand made wine rack by local craftsman.
- Utility Room: Basement utility room with washing machine (+ washing powder, pegs for outside whirlygig clothes line), clothes airing rack and basket, small work top, ironing board and iron, gas combi boiler for central heating and water. Vacuum cleaner. Condenser Clothes Dryer.
- Central heating / log & wood burning open fire (initial supply of logs and kindling is provided).
- Private Garden with seating and eating area. BBQ for guests to use. Please note that the patio and path can be slippery when wet - please be careful.
- Secure shed.
- The use of two mountain bikes (please note that guests are responsible for their own safety while using these bikes)
- On-road parking. There are also white railings separating the road and pavement which can be tricky to navigate with luggage so you may have to wheel your cases to the end of the railings and on to the pavement This is not ideal in bad weather but the railings are their to protect the general public, residents and property from any unfortunate traffic incident.
- Loading to the back of the property if required - this is a grassed area and can be muddy in bad weather so please be careful.
- One small well behaved dog is welcome and bowls, bed, bags and treats are provided (by prior arrangement with the owner). There is a £15 fee for dogs per stay.
- Sorry NO disabled access due to the age and the siting of the cottage.
- Sorry no smoking inside the cottage
- Countryside views
- Contemporary cottage style accommodation
- One En-suite on the First Floor and one Family Bathroom on the Lower Ground Floor.
- Log/coal burning open fire
- Excellent local walks
- Excellent access to public transport
- PLEASE NOTE this cottage is very old and has steep stairs and may not be suitable for some people.