Simon’s Cottage has contemporary style accommodation with one en-suite bedroom on the first floor and one family bathroom on the lower ground floor. There are pubs within walking distance along with excellent local walks, cafes & gift shops.
There are shopping parades including a post office only 2-5 mins drive down Baslow Road including a local butchers called Liberty Foods Farm Shop. Further down is Totley Library, further still a GP surgery, ironing parlour, and Co-op. Further down you'll find a Vets practice. Carry on further for post office, fruit shops, pet shop, newsagent, Deli and cafe and hairdressers etc. Continue on for Seasons Cafe and gift shop (lovely people work in here). Almost next door to the cafe is the Tesco Express supplying most essentials and a few extras. Keep driving on for Millhouses Park which is perfect for all ages and has its own café.
- utility room - situated on the lower ground floor with washing machine (plus washing powder, pegs for outside whirlygig and clothes line), clothes airing rack and basket, ironing board and iron, gas combi boiler for central heating and water, vacuum cleaner. condenser clothes dryer
- central heating / log & wood burning open fire (initial supply of logs and kindling is provided)
- bed linen and towels are provided
- private garden with seating and eating area. BBQ for guests to use. Please note that the patio and path can be slippery when wet - please be careful.
- secure shed - the use of two mountain bikes (please note that guests are responsible for their own safety while using these bikes)
- on-road parking - there are white railings separating the road and pavement which can be tricky to navigate with luggage so you may have to wheel your cases to the end of the railings and on to the pavement This is not ideal in bad weather but the railings are their to protect the general public, residents and property. There is also parking down Lane Head Road with no railings
- sorry, we no longer take dogs due to the main road
- loading to the back of the property if required - this is a grassed area and can be muddy in bad weather so please be careful
- no smoking inside the cottage
- countryside views
- excellent local walks
- excellent access to public transport
- sorry NO disabled access due to the age and the siting of the cottage
- PLEASE NOTE this cottage is very old and has steep stairs and may not be suitable for some people